Uncovering the Extraordinary Coach Within:
Trusting Insight and Wisdom
A 5-day Retreat with Joe Bailey in Spain
27th – 31st October 2023
We all come to this retreat with the intention to want to help other human beings—to be their true selves, to be happy, to trust their inner wisdom, to operate from inspiration and courage vs habits. Ironically, it is in our quest to help ourselves become more fully who we truly are, that we unleash the power of our own insights and wisdom to guide others to their own innate health.
This retreat/training is designed to do just that—to guide you to the extraordinary coach that lies within you. We are all designed perfectly to live in the feelings of mental health, resilience, and joy, but our own misunderstandings get in the way of the natural healer/coach that is our true essence. Through sharing my discoveries that have helped uncover my healer within and creating experiences for you to discover more clearly who you really already are, you will gain more trust and confidence in your moment to moment insights to guide others.
Taking time to be open and see more for yourselves is the key to unlocking this innate power and wisdom. That intention is all that is required to get the most out of this experience. So sit back, relax in the beauty of southern Spain and the Mediterranean Sea and treat yourself to the opportunity to go deeper into your sense of service, joy and love. Giving this gift to yourself will automatically increase your impact on those you touch through your work and relationships.
With deepest respect and love
Who is the retreat for?
- Coaches, therapists, counsellors, consultants, teachers, leaders and facilitators
- Anyone who wants to share the Three Principles with friends, family and/or colleagues
- Anyone who wants to deepen their personal grounding
What are the benefits of attending this retreat?
By the end of the retreat participants will:
- Have an insightful understanding of how deep listening impacts a client
- Feel confident in tapping into wisdom for the client and sharing it
- Recognise the signals of when and what to share and when to offer silence
- Be willing to sit in the unknown despite the discomfort
- Be able to create a deep connection with clients
- Navigate the common blocks that often hinder an impactful coaching conversation
- Know how to trust the power of wisdom and insight
- Discern wisdom vs intellect
What’s on offer over the 5 days …
Day One—“Physician: Heal Thyself”—Be the Change You Want to See in Your Clients
- Staying open to our moment to moment insights to guide our lives and our coaching/counseling
- Our example life inspires, educates, and allows our genuine caring to help others feel unconditional love
Day Two—The Power of Presence
- From a state of presence we naturally listen deeply, see the health in the client and see how to help guide them home to their true self.
- Asking inspired questions and listening deeply allows us to see the heart of the matter beyond the client’s blindspots to the essence of where they are limiting themselves and to share with a sensitivity to timing and level of readiness and openness.
Day Three—An Education of the Mind—Teaching Our Clients the Principles of Human Experience
- Educare(from Latin ēducāre)—To Bring Out
- Psychology—The Science of the Mind, Soul, Spirit
- Sharing the Principles
- From Our Own Understanding
- Empowers our clients to heal themselves (“Give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime”)
Day Four—Honesty with Love—Intervening with the client’s blindspots with Truth, Love and Sensitivity to the timing
- Deep Listening leads to seeing the “stuck Points” or blindspots in the client (family, team, organization)
- Divine Timing vs. impatience with their readiness guided by wisdom
Day Five—The Magic Carpet Ride of Transformation
Trusting in Our Inner Guide of Insight
- With our Clients
- Our Careers
- Our Next Steps
- Our On-going Transformation
Where does all this take place?
Hotel Albir Playa & Spa****
The four-star venue is situated a 15 minute walk from the beach and a 2 minute walk to shops, cafés and restaurants.
A few of the hotel features include:
- Spa and massage services
- 202 double rooms & suites with balcony
- Free wifi
- 24/7 reception
Situated in a lovely corner of the Costa Blanca, on the coast, and with all the amenities of a small, quiet, yet lively town, Albir is the ideal location for the retreat. Everything you could need to make this a relaxing, enjoyable and memorable experience can be found within walking distance including the beach, cafes, bars and restaurants, supermarket and a wide variety of shops.
Albir’s beach is called “Playa de Racó de l’Albir” and has received the coveted European Union Blue Ribbon award, annually since 2001 – not a bad recommendation!
A favourite route to walk in the nature park is the ‘Faro’ trail which leads to a lighthouse. If you are lucky you may catch a glimpse of a dolphin or two as you look down to the sea from the lighthouse.
The Finer Details
- Daily 2 x group sessions with Joe and afternoons free to relax and explore the area
- Group is limited to only 20 participants to ensure as much individual one-to-one support as possible
- Lots of lovely space built in for reflection and relaxation. Loose schedule: 10-1pm & 5.30-8pm.
- Special room rate at Hotel Albir Playa only available to the group (Sheela takes bookings & organises with hotel – less for you to do!)
- Mid morning refreshments on all sessions
Early Bird to be paid by 29th July 2023
€1595.00 + 21% VAT
€1795.00 + 21% VAT)
Payment: On clicking the Buy Now button below, you will be taken to Stripe – our secure online payment processing system. We do not hold any credit card details on this website.
Joseph Bailey, M.A., L.P. is a licensed psychologist, an author, seminar leader, consultant to organizations, public speaker, and psychotherapist.
His work has included co-founding The Minneapolis Institute of Mental Health, developing programs for health care provider wellness at the University of Minnesota Inner Life of Healers Program and numerous hospitals including North Memorial Hospital, Minneapolis, East Lansing Health System and Mayo Clinic Arizona(The Resilient Physician Program). He has also worked extensively in treatment centers for addictions—Gulf Breeze Recovery, Meridian Systems and Farnum Center, and numerous social service agencies.
Joseph is author of six books with over a half million in print in 26 languages and 65 countries, including the best seller, Slowing Down to the Speed of Life with Dr. Richard Carlson, The Serenity Principle, The Speed Trap, Slowing Down to the Speed of Love, Fearproof Your Life: How to Thrive in a World Addicted to Fear, and his latest book that he contributed to, Creating a Marriage You’ll Love. His newest book called Thriving in the Eye of the Hurricane: Unlocking Your Resilience in Our Turbulent Times. He is currently working on a new book: My Magic Carpet Ride. You can learn more about Joe and his work at www.joebaileyandassociates.com
“Joe Bailey is a trailblazer when it comes to pointing clients toward their health. His career is a testament to this. I would highly recommend learning from him while you can! Your own work will not be the same after Joe’s mentoring. “
Dr. Amy Johnson, Author and Psychologist
Joe has been an amazing coach and mentor for both myself and the staff at GBR. His years of expertise in both addiction and the 3 Principles have been invaluable. Joe has helped shape the treatment at our facility since it’s inception. His deep level of understanding has helped tremendously with team building, conflict resolution, self-awareness, and awaking of our staff and guests in treatment.
Danielle Guinaugh, MS, LMHC, NCC, MCAP
Clinical Director, Gulf Breeze Recovery
Getting coached by Joe is like sipping a cup of warm tea—you will always leave your session feeling comforted, supported and heard. Joe teaches in a way that you don’t feel you are being taught—he seems to radiate a way of being that just settles in, providing the tools to be able to approach clients, and the places they are stuck, with ease. His wisdom in the “human condition” and the source of suffering, is so simple and yet so profound. Progress in therapy tends to accelerate faster than any other approach I’ve utilized. It’s safe to say that Joe’s guidance has significantly impacted the work I do as well as the person I’ve become.
Stacy Bednar, Psychotherapist, Minnesota
I came to Joe knowing that I needed to make some deeper-level changes in my life. My old system of operating had broken down – it was no longer resilient enough to manage all of the stress in my environment and life. Joe helped me engage a new set of understandings that supported a thriving from within, no matter what struggles presented in the outside world. Just as important, Joe deeply embodies his work – he is curious, humble, honest, and challenging in just the right way. Just being in Joe’s presence invites me to see every challenge differently, and I leave our time together holding lightly exactly the things that were feeling so heavy moments before. Joe’s work is the work of truth, love, and hope, and he is an amazing guide in shaping a very different way of being in the world. I have so much gratitude for Joe and his work as a teacher, coach, and mentor.
Cindy Wilcox, Ph.D.
Leadership and Cultural Systems
What's the local airport to fly into?
Does the retreat price include the hotel?
No. We have secured a special rate at the hotel for all our participants. Get in touch with Sheela for prices by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I reserve a room at the hotel venue?
Once you have booked your place on the retreat, you can email Sheela and she will organise your reservation with the hotel. You pay the hotel directly on arrival.
Do I have to stay at the hotel?
No. There are plenty of apartments for rent locally most often booked through Booking.com or AirBnB.com.
How do I travel from the airport to the hotel?
There are several shuttle companies offering services from Alicante airport to the hotel in Albir. Our favourite is www.beniconnect.com. They offer an express service which we recommend to reduce the travel time to under an hour usually. There are also taxis available at the airport which can cost from €90 upwards.
What if I have to cancel?
We highly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.